Merry Christmas everyone! Did you get a nice present? If you didn't then it is because you didn't study enough, so try harder next year!
Today I had a Christmas lunch with my students at a restaurant in Kamioooka. While eating lunch, one of them did some magic tricks. It was very interesting. After that, we played a game and exchanged presents. Thank-you everyone for an enjoyable lunch!
Last night was the last lesson this year for one of my classes. During the class, I discussed what Christmas is like in my country. I think it is very different from Christmas in Japan.
After the class, we all went to okonomiyaki together for a Christmas party. We ate lots of food, drank lots of beer, exchanged presents and sang songs. It was a blast! Thank-you everyone for coming and for the wonderful gifts! See you next year!
1. At the north pole.
2. Under the Christmas tree.
3. A list of who's naughty or nice
4. 8 + 1
5. Dasher, Dancer, Prance, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen + Rudolph
7. The chimney
8. Christmas Eve
9. Saint Nicholas
10. Yes! Always say yes!
How did you do? Is Santa coming to your house?
Here are the answers from today's test.
1.There is a hospital.
2. There isn't a swimming pool.
3. There are 2 movie theaters.
4. Excuse me, is there a bank near here?
5. How many students are there in the class?
6. Is it too expensive?
7. There is something in my eye.
8. Yes, there is a movie at 8:00.
9. How many letters are there in English?
10. There are mangos on the table.
1. Where does Santa live?
2. Where does Santa leave the presents?
3. What does Santa check twice?
4. How many reindeer does Santa have?
5. What are their names?
6. What are Santa's helpers called?
7. How does Santa get inside your house?
8. When does Santa come?
9. What is Santa's other name?
10. Have you been a good girl or boy?
The answers will be posted next week. Good luck!
If you get this many correct answers.....
7-10 Santa is coming. Don't worry! 4-6 Maybe Santa will come. You better start being on your best behavior! 1-3 He's not coming. Just forget about Christmas this year and wait until next year.
On Monday, we studied English hard together. I taught a grammar lesson on "There is/there are", and we made sentences and questions together. After the lesson, we all went to a nearby restaurant together and had a Christmas party. We ate so much food and exchanged presents. I got a cute little horse! Everybody was so friendly and it was so much fun! Thank-you everyone for coming to the party!
Do you know how to say 赤字 in English? "In the red", On the Friday after Thanksgiving, many stores go from being "in the red" to "in the black". That is the reason it is called "Black Friday". Read more about Black Friday by clicking on the link here - - - ☞ http://mrjohntaro.blogspot.com/2011/11/black-friday.html
The past two days have been interesting. We went over many things including prepositions, Eiken 3 test questions, and advanced grammar.
Next month I am looking forward to the Christmas parties with my students! I will post a schedule of the parties and the class dates on my home page soon.