8/05/2018

August 5, 2018 The Japanese Windbell

Miami 英会話

www.miamieikaiwa.jp

クラスありますよー。

8月11-15日、25日は休みです。
Please study English at your home on those days.

*********************
ブログを聞きましょう。
Click here to listen. (Coming Soon)
**********************

THE JAPANESE WINDBELL

The other day in class, I learned about the Japanese windbell from my students in class. If you don't know what a windbell is, it is like a wind chime, but it is made of glass and is in the shape of a bell. They are unique in that they are painted on the inside. Did you know that it is said that nothing bad will happen to anyone within earshot of the windbell?  The samurai and noble families used to hang them in their homes. The sound of the windbell is very gentle.  I think it makes for a great souvenir, too. Perhaps I will get one for my father.

Thank-you for reading my blog! If you like it, please copy the link below and share it with your friends!





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿