7/01/2018

July 1, 2018 FOG

Miami 英会話

www.miamieikaiwa.jp

クラスありますよー。

*7月の休みの日: 7/3, 7/8-7/21, 7/28,7/30,7/31

*********************
ブログの聞きましょう。
Click here to listen slowly.


**********************

FOG

Key words & Phrases

  • Thick as pea soup
  • barely 
  • It is still dark outside まだ夜です。
  • Headlights ヘッドライト

Easy part 簡単

This morning when I woke up and looked outside, I was very surprised. I couldn't see anything.  Was it because I didn't have my glasses on? No. Was it because it was still dark outside? No. It was because of thick fog.  Everything looked white, and I couldn't see anything!

Hard part チャレンジ

The fog was as thick as pea soup.  I think it is not common in Japan, but is quite common in my hometown.  In the early summer, the morning fog would roll in off the ocean and cover everything in sight. Driving to work was dangerous because I could barely see the car in front of me. Many people have special lights on their cars called "fog lights". They hang just below the front bumper so that they can shine under the fog onto the road below.

Image result for fog lights"When driving in dense fog, the light from regular headlights reflects off the water droplets back into your eyes, impairing rather than improving visibility. Fog lights are positioned low on the vehicle and have a wide beam angled toward the ground, which reduces glare and helps you see the road better"



Actually, you shouldn't use your regular headlights in fog because the light just reflects and makes it even more difficult to see. The fog usually lifts before noon.

Sometimes after I eat lunch, I feel like there is a fog in my brain.

Thank-you for reading my blog! If you like it, please copy the link below and share it with your friends!





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿