5/08/2019

5/8 #677 Azaleas pt.1

クラスありますよー😀

*********************



Today's phrase:


stop and smell the roses. (idiomatic) To relax; to take time out of one's busy schedule to enjoy or appreciate the beauty of life.

Examples:
1. I have been working so hard, I haven't had time to stop and smell the roses.
2. Don't let life pass you by. Take time to stop and smell the roses.
3. I know it is important to work hard, but it is also important to stop and smell the roses sometimes.
4. This work has to be finished asap! There is no time to stop and smell the roses.

Azaleas pt.1

Did you know there is an underground shopping area in Kawasaki called "Azalea"?  There is a big sign in English next to the Keikyu Kawasaki station. I think many people ignore it because it is in English.  Do you know what "azalea" means?  In Japanese, it is つつじ. I like azaleas even though I may be allergic to them.  Sometimes they make me sneeze.  Anyway, I think they are very beautiful to look at . There are many varieties. Did you know that Nezu shrine in Tokyo is famous for Azaleas? I read that they have a festival every year with thousands of plants. I would like to go see them, but I am so busy teaching. There is no time to stop and smell the roses!

Challenge Time!

1. How do you say つつじ in English?
2. What happens when I get near azaleas?
3. Where is a good place to see azaleas?

**********************
NEW! Travel英語
**********************



Thank-you for checking out my blog. If you have any friends, please tell them about it! Leave a comment and have a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful day!
ブログをご覧いただきありがとうございます。 是非、お友達にもこのブログをご紹介ください。そして、あなたご自身のコメントもお寄せ下さい。今日も素晴らしい一日となりますように! 
**********************************



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿