11/24/2018

November 24, 2018 Shopping

クラスありますよー。😀


11月 27 は休みです。
Please study English at your home on that day.

*********************
ブログを聞きましょう。
Click here to listen. (slow)


ブログを聞きましょう。
Click here to listen. (fast)
**********************

Image result for shopping

Shopping

New words:
- Fitting room
- Alterations
- Hem
- tailor
- shoplifting

I need to go shopping because I have to buy some new winter clothes, but I really don't like shopping.  Every year, I wait until it gets really cold to go shopping, but by that time, the stores already have the clothes for next season out.

Trying on clothes is a pain.  It is a little different from the U.S.  In my country, you don't have to take off your shoes in the fitting room. Also, someone is always at the entrance of the fitting room to count how many things you take in to try on.  The purpose is to prevent shoplifting.  

One thing I do like about shopping in Japan is that you can have alterations done if the clothes don't fit. In America, if you need your new pants hemmed, for example, you would have to buy them first, and then take them to a tailor for alterations.

Thank-you for reading my blog! If you like it, please copy the link below and share it with your friends!






0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿