11/29/2018

November 29, 2018 Botcha botcha!

クラスありますよー。😀

12月 2, 6, 9, 10, 13,  23-31 は休みです。
Please study English at your home on those days.

*********************
ブログを聞きましょう。
Click here to listen. (slow)
**********************
Image result for bocha

Botcha botcha!

New words & phrases:
- commemorative
- engraving
- wheelchair
- loan words

Let's get started!

Yesterday in class, one of the students brought in some Paralympic commemorative coins. One of the coins had an engraving of a man in a wheelchair. He was playing a new game called "Botcha".  I thought that I had heard this world before. My mother had said this word to me many times when I was out playing as a child.  She would say "Botcha botcha", which meant "bath time".

Why did my mother use this word?  I googled it and found the answer in Wikipedia.  It says that Hawaiian people, like my mother, use a lot of loan words from Japan. Botcha botcha is one of them. According to Wikipedia:

  • Bocha: Take a bath. Originally from bocha-bocha Japanese onomatopoeia for splashing noises.a


So, the next time you go to the hot springs, you can say, "Botcha Botcha"!


How did you like today's blog topic? (ここへクリック下さい。)

Thank-you for reading my blog! If you like it, please copy the link below and share it with your friends!






0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿