4/22/2019

4/22 #672 How to color easter eggs

クラスありますよー😀



*********************
 ブログを聞きましょう.


New words & phrases:

To stumble upon something
- to find something by chance while doing something

Example:
  1. I stumbled on some money while I was cleaning the bookshelf.
  2. I stumbled on the Miami homepage while searching the internet for good eikaiwa schools.
  3. I was searching through my old photographs, when I stumbled across one with me and Chuck Norris.
How to color easter eggs

I was so busy yesterday that it completely slipped my mind that it was Easter. I think I may have written about this before in my blog, but I want to write about it again because thinking about Easter brings back many happy memories of my childhood.

My mother would start preparing for Easter two days before by boiling the eggs. I think maybe about 12. After boiling them, we had to wait for them to cool.  In the meantime, we prepared several cups of water with food coloring. I think the colors were red, green, blue, and yellow. When the eggs were ready, we drew designs on the eggs with white wax crayons.  Then, we dipped the eggs in the cups with food coloring using a wire dipper.  The water colored the eggs except for the part that we drew on with the wax crayons.

On Easter, after going to church, we would have an Easter egg hunt at home. Our parents would hide the eggs. It was so exciting. My brother and I would frantically search for the eggs. However sometimes later in the summer, while I was outside playing, I would stumble on an egg hidden somewhere that we forgot to look.  I showed it to my mother and we all had a big laugh.

Challenge Time!

1. What was the first step in preparing for Easter?
2. What did we use to make designs on the eggs?
3. How many color eggs were there?

Thank-you for checking out my blog. If you have any friends, please tell them about it!
Leave a comment and have a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful day! 




ブログをご覧いただきありがとうございます。 是非、お友達にもこのブログをご紹介ください。そして、あなたご自身のコメントもお寄せ下さい。今日も素晴らしい一日となりますように! 
**********************************



2 件のコメント:

  1. What a nice memory you have !
    I envy you ...
    I can see that Your back memory is full of your mom’s affection .
    She must have been proud of handsome and smart cute little boys.
    Egg hunting is one of those things which we can never do when we grew up . Really good memory, John . Thank you for sharing!

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Thank-you for your kind words. What I miss most are the chocolate easter eggs and chocolate bunnies!

      削除