4/25/2019

4/25 #674 Blue

クラスありますよー😀


*********************
ブログを聞きましょう。

New words & phrases:

Lighten Up
We use this expression to tell somebody to take a more positive attitude. Usually this is when you are annoyed by somebody being negative.

Example:
1. I know your girlfriend left you, but lighten up. There are plenty of fish in the sea.
2. I wish you would just lighten up. You are always complaining about your boyfriend.
3. Lighten up.  When you are down, there is nowhere to go but up.

Blue
What comes to mind when I say the word "blue"?  I think of sadness. In English, if you are feeling down, you can say, 'I have the blues".  The rain, tears, dark clouds, and the deep ocean all come to mind.  There is also a genre of music called "The Blues".
I wonder why the color blue is associated with sadness. Why not the color green?  People could say "I have the greens", or "I enjoy listening to the greens". Today's weather is making me feel green! ha ha I need to lighten up!

Challenge Time!
1. What is the name of a popular genre of music?
2. What is the color of sadness?
3. What can you say to someone who is down?

Thank-you for checking out my blog. If you have any friends, please tell them about it!

Leave a comment and have a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful day! 

ブログをご覧いただきありがとうございます。 是非、お友達にもこのブログをご紹介ください。そして、あなたご自身のコメントもお寄せ下さい。今日も素晴らしい一日となりますように! **********************************



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿