4/07/2019

4/7 #658 Reiwa

クラスありますよー😀




*********************
ブログを聞きましょう。
**********************
New words & phrases:
- auspicious
- is commonly known as...
- orderly
- synonymous

Reiwa
I think it is cool that Japanese people have their own calendar system.  The name Reiwa seems to be a very harmonious and beautiful name.  I looked it up in the dictionary. The kanji "Rei" is commonly known as "command" or "order", but can also mean "auspicious" or "good".  I find it interesting that the kanji has two meanings.  I wonder if this is why Japanese people are so orderly and good at cooperation and following rules.  Perhaps it is because it is synonymous with "good".  Following the rules = good.  How nice!

Of course, the second kanji means "harmony" or "peace". So,  "令和” seems to mean orderly and harmonious.  I like it.

Thank-you for checking out my blog. If you have any friends, please tell them about it!
Leave a comment and have a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful day! 


ブログをご覧いただきありがとうございます。 是非、お友達にもこのブログをご紹介ください。そして、あなたご自身のコメントもお寄せ下さい。今日も素晴らしい一日となりますように!**********************************



1 件のコメント:

  1. Following the rules = good.That your idea is very interesting for me.You pronounced with an accent on head. I'm also interested in which Reiwa has head accent or flat, and how it will change in the future.

    返信削除