4/23/2019

4/23 #673 Radio

クラスありますよー😀



*********************
ブログを聞きましょう!

New phrase:

to tune someone out - this means to stop listening or paying attention to someone who is speaking.

Example:
  1. I didn't like math. In class, I often tuned my teacher out and started drawing on my paper.
  2. The child didn't listen to his mother. All he could do was tune her out while thinking about Star Wars. 
  3. Many people said he couldn't do it, but he tuned them out and did his best.

Radio

I remember when I was young, I used to listen to the radio. There were only about 6 stations you could tune in to. There were 2 country stations, 2 rock stations, 1 oldies station, and 1 R&B station. All those stations played music only.
If you wanted talk radio, you had listen to AM radio. However, in the mornings many radio stations had talk shows for people on their morning commute. I was never interested in those talk shows and just tuned them out. I think Japanese radio has more talk than music.  We have an AM station called NPR (National Public Radio) which is similar to NHK. These days, I never listen to the radio anymore. Does anyone?

Thank-you for checking out my blog. If you have any friends, please tell them about it!

Leave a comment and have a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful day! 

Challenge Time!

1. How many radio stations were there?

2. What’s the difference between Japanese radio and radio in the U.S.?

3. Did I enjoy listening to the morning talk shows?

ブログをご覧いただきありがとうございます。 是非、お友達にもこのブログをご紹介ください。そして、あなたご自身のコメントもお寄せ下さい。今日も素晴らしい一日となりますように! 

**********************************



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿