2/18/2019

February 18, 2019 #644 I - Insects

クラスありますよー😀
*********************
1. SLOWブログを聞きましょう。
**********************
Are you ready for today's fantabulous English blog?

Let's get started!

New words & phrases:
humongous
disgusting
bit
on the face of the earth

Insects
Why do Japanese children enjoy playing with insects?  Why are Japanese insects so BIG when everything else is so small? The buildings are small, the cars are small, the food is small, the people are small, but the spiders are humongous! Twice I have seen a spider outside of my apartment building that was bigger than my hand!!!
 I was shocked the first time I walked into a convenience store in the middle of summer and found a small box next to the register with live beetles!  I thought it was so disgusting!

When I first moved to Japan, I had an old house in the mountains of Hayama.  I often found centipedes, mukade, and GEJI-GEJI in my house.  One time there was a tiny centipede in my pants and it big my leg!  I didn't live there very long.  Geji-Geji are the most disgusting and scary insects on the face of the earth!

Finally, why are the insects so big, but the cans of bug spray so small???  I can easily use one whole can of bug spray on two or three cockroaches.

Thank-you for checking out my blog. If you have any friends, please tell them about it!
Leave a comment and have a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful day!

ブログをご覧いただきありがとうございます。 是非、お友達にもこのブログをご紹介ください。そして、あなたご自身のコメントも
お寄せ下さい。今日も素晴らしい一日となりますように!
**********************************
ブログをお読みいだだきありがとうございます。
気に入った方は下記リンクをコピーして、友人と共有してくだい!



3 件のコメント:

  1. Japanese insects are so BIG ?
    I never thought of that .
    Sometimes bi——g screaming I hear at night
    From next door neighbor.
    First I was so surprised ... what on earth happened? But since I know it was the husband
    And his wife and kids ( all women ) don’t care about his terrifying, I get used to the man’s loud
    Screening . Oh, there he goes again.
    The next morning he explains how big the spider was to me over the fence...
    I tells him , once you hit they get small ...
    He gives another quavaling voice . Haha
    I enjoy teasing him.
    Still I can’t get why he takes good care of カブトムシ. No, クワガタ。I can’t tell the differences.
    He said クワガタstag beatle is so expensive .
    He is scared of cockroaches too . In winter
    no screaming from next door neighbor.

    Centipede, I dislike very much . But once they
    are illustrated , they look cute like “ The very hungry caterpillar” はらぺこあおむし
    The picture book still seems very popular.

    BTW, I miss the pictures on your blog last few days . I always enjoy the pics you selected for the blog . Some are beautiful , some are funny and humorous , perfectly match with your Today’s Topic ! . I’m impressed with your good taste of choice . And wondering how he could possibly choose such nice ones .

    And I am a big fun of your drawings on the white board in class too .

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Hello Mickey! Thank you for your comment. I have read "The Hungry Caterpillar". It was scary.
      Sorry, recently I forgot to add some pictures. You can always see pictures from my whiteboard on Instagram. I will add some more, now that you mentioned it. Have a great day!

      削除
  2. Look forward to seeing the blog pics again .
    Thank you !

    返信削除