6/01/2018

June 1, 2018 Catch phrase

クラスありますよー。

Click here to listen.

Hey June, don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better.

I love that song.  Can you believe it's June already?  

This morning I was thinking about catch phrases.  They are a little different from SLOGANS.  A slogan is a phrase that is used, and usually invented by a business.  A catch phrase is something that someone popular says.  My favorite catch phrase is Nike's slogan, "Just do it".  I say this to myself when I start to feel a little lazy. Can you guess who said these famous catch phrases and slogans?

1. GO AHEAD, MAKE MY DAY
2. YES, WE CAN
3. I'LL BE BACK
4. MAKE MIAMI GREAT AGAIN
5. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
6. SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND
7. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
8. I HAVE A FEELING WE ARE NOT IN KANSAS ANYMORE
9. I'M KING OF THE WORLD
10. THINK DIFFERENT

Click here to see the answers.



2 件のコメント:

  1. The answers for no . 2, 5 , 8
    Are wrong , I suppose .
    No. 8 I would add “ Well, Toto ...”
    my favorite line is “Go ahead , make my day”
    From a smart Aleck , Yaeko

    返信削除