6/23/2018

June 23, 2018 My glasses

クラスありますよー。 I'm teaching today!

Click here to listen slowly.

Click here to listen  quickly.

Image result for nerd

EASY PART

This morning when I woke up, I put on my glasses. I panicked because everything was so blurry and I couldn't see anything!.  I thought maybe I was getting glaucoma! OMG! Then I realized that it was because I had forgotten to take out my contact lenses the night before. What a relief.

HARD PART

NERD - 
1. a stupid, irritating, ineffectual, or unattractive person.
2. an intelligent but single-minded person obsessed with a nonsocial hobby or pursuit.


I remember when I was a small child, maybe 1st grade or so, I used to laugh at the other children who wore glasses. Then one day, I think when I was in the third grade maybe, my father and I were sitting in our car in the parking lot of the shopping mall. He asked me to read to him the license plates of other cars. I couldn't. Then I remember those dreadful words...."Son, I think you need glasses".  I thought to myself "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I CAN'T!! THE OTHER KIDS WILL LAUGH AT ME AND CALL ME 'FOUR EYES'."  My parents drug me to the eye clinic, and I got me a pair of glasses.  I felt like such a nerd.

Before that, I remember having trouble in school.  My grades were very poor and my mother asked me why I never had any homework. I said "I dunno".   It was because the teacher had written our homework assignment on the board, but I could never see what was on the board. After getting glasses, I was amazed at how well I could suddenly see.  But.....I think I never wore them again in school because I didn't want to look nerdy. Instead, I just sat at the front of the class.

4 件のコメント:

  1. I have been wearing glasses since 20 years ago, but these glasses aren't reading-glasses. The other day, it happened when I tried to read a newspaper. Although I already wore glasses as usual, I forgot take off them, but I tried to wear reading-glasses as natural. Then I unconsciously had a smile, I didn't know whether I wanted to hide this happening or not, quickly. So it was an embarrassed smile. I wonder if I am beginning semility.lol

    返信削除
  2. Sometimes I look for my glasses wearing the glasses. I wish I had a glasses with ringtone .

    返信削除
  3. Yaeko san. I like your idea, agree with you.

    返信削除
  4. Thank you , Keiko-San.

    I feel like I spend half year looking for something. とほほ

    返信削除