6/27/2018

June 27, 2018 Time Zips Past

クラスありますよー。


*7月の休みの日: 7/3, 7/8-7/21, 7/28,7/30,7/31


TIME ZIPS PAST


Click here to listen slowly.

Image result for time passes quickly
Time really goes by in the blink of an eye, doesn't it? I remember when I was a child, when I wanted a new toy, my mom would always say, "Wait until Christmas".  I felt like Christmas was always a lifetime away, and it would never come.  I remember thinking as a child that I wanted to drive a car, but I was so disappointed because I thought it would take forever for me to become an adult.  Now, I feel like it was April just yesterday and tomorrow will be December. It frightens me a little when I think about how quickly time zips past. How about you?

By the way, I added the audio for yesterday's blog. Check it out when you have TIME.

Here is an idiom about TIME

ZIP PAST

zip past

Meaning

  • to move past (someone or something) very fast
  • to move rapidly
  • a swift movement, usually ignoring someone or something in the way

Example Sentences

  1. The guy just zipped past me in the queue today without bothering about the rules of the organization.
  2. I would like to advise you to not zip past the process and to follow the correct path to get to your destination.
  3. You like zipping past people, don’t you? It is the third time you have done it to me now.
  4. zip past the coffee machine on purpose every day because I am trying to be mindful about my caffeine intake.
  5. I just zipped past everybody because I really wanted to use the loo first.
  6. You cannot zip past the authorities so do not try.
  7. I will zip past him and he will not even get to know.
  8. You just zipped past me, did you know?
Source: theidioms.com

4 件のコメント:

  1. I think time is a mystery. Because, for example, although it is same one hour. we feel a short when we are busy and fun but when we are bored, we feel a long. Don't you have terribly every day? I think, this comment of yours is not usual. “Now, I feel like it was April just yesterday and tomorrow will be December." Maybe you are trying hard to achieve your objectives. No? Please take care of your health.

    返信削除
  2. I am sorry. I had wrong words. short--fast long--late ですよね?!

    返信削除
  3. There are some mistakes, but I understand everything. Good job! Time flies when you are having fun! It goes by quickly when we are busy and slowly when we are bored. Thank-you for your comment.

    返信削除
  4. I had many mistakes this time also. I want to keep on trying. Thank you so much.

    返信削除