1/18/2019

January 18, 2019 WINDSURFING Part 1

クラスありますよー😀
*********************

WINDSURFING Part 1

*********************
Click here to listen. FAST

ブログを聞きましょう。
Click here to listen. SLOW

**********************
Are you ready for today's fantabulous English blog?

New words & phrases:
  1. Come to mind
  2. howl
  3. Give it a shot
  4. Just like anything
  5. get used to it

Let's get started!

As I was getting ready to leave this morning, I could hear the sound of the wind howling outside.  I knew it must be really cold outside. I started thinking about the wind, and memories of windsurfing in the hot summer came to mind.  I used to windsurf, but not seriously. It was just a hobby.  I saw a poster one day and thought "That looks like fun, I'll give it a shot." Before I came to Japan, I tried it a few times in Florida, and then after I came to Japan I started taking private lessons for a few months. Just like anything, it was really hard at first, but when I got used to it, I really started to enjoy it......

*お願い!Since my Japanese is not so good, could someone please leave a comment and explain the new words and phrases?  Thank-you!

Have a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful day!
**********************************
ブログをお読みいだだきありがとうございます。
気に入った方は下記リンクをコピーして、友人と共有してくだい!



5 件のコメント:

  1. Hi, windsurfer さん
    You do Karate, running , dancing and windsurfing ? Amazing!!

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Good morning. Yes, but not all at the same time! lol.

      削除
  2. Ok, Since nobody seems to explain the New words and phrases, I’ll give it a shot. ( I don’t know my Japanese is right or not . There must be the right person to do it in Miami)
    1. Come to mind 思い浮かぶ
    2. howl 遠吠えする• 風などがうなる
    3. give it a shot 試しにやってみる
    give it a try より幾分カジュアル
    とりあえず、というニュアンスがあるかな
    4. Just like anything (else) 何につけてもそうだが( 何にでも言えることだが)
    5.get used to it 慣れてくる

    間違い、補足がありましたらどなたか訂正してくださーい

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Thank-you Yaeko san, you really have a sense for English!

      削除
  3. このコメントは投稿者によって削除されました。

    返信削除