1/28/2019

January 28, 2019 Climbing Mt. Fuji Pt. 2

クラスありますよー😀
*********************
1. FASTブログを聞きましょう。
2. SLOWブログを聞きましょう。

**********************
Are you ready for today's fantabulous English blog?

Let's get started!

New words & phrases:
  1. guy
  2. lend
  3. make my day
  4. line up
  5. bundle up
  6. howl
  7. attic
  8. nestle

Climbing Mt. Fuji Pt. 2


Me and my very heavy hiking stick. Can you see my t-shirt? I love Mt. Fuji!

The first floor of the mountain lodge

I always thought that Japanese people are so polite because they say "Mr. Fuji" (Fuji-san)

Inside my cozy futon. The roof was just over my head. The wind was howling and sounded so cold outside.
People come and go
Like the winter and summer
Fuji always stays

At station 9, I was freezing.  There was a mountain hut (lodge) there. It was only 5000 yen, but I only had credit cards and no cash.  I was sitting in front of the hut shivering and then I heard a voice, "You okay?" It was some American guy I had never met before.  I told him how I didn't have any cash and that I didn't know it was going to be so cold. It was July!!  He was in the Navy, too. He lent me 5000 yen to stay in the lodge and told me I could pay him back if I ever met him again. He made my day!

Inside the lodge, I went up to the second floor.  It was more like an attic.  Futons were lined up on either side of the room with a few guests here and there bundled up inside. I remember thinking that it was strange that so many strangers slept next to each other in the same room. But, I was cold and tired, so I didn't care. I quickly jumped into one.  I was so lucky. It was so warm, and I could hear the howling wind outside.

Then the morning came.  Some Japanese guy came in the room shouting something in Japanese. I didn't understand what he was saying and I didn't care. I just wanted to stay nestled in my futon a few more hours. I realized later that he was telling everyone that the sun was coming up and that we should all go out to watch it. I missed it. Too bad. I guess I have to go back now. ha ha.

When I finally woke up and got out of my futon, I had a big surprise.......

To be continued.....

Have a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful day!
**********************************
ブログをお読みいだだきありがとうございます。
気に入った方は下記リンクをコピーして、友人と共有してくだい!



1 件のコメント:

  1. New words and phrases:

    1. guy (n) 男の人

    2. lend (v) 貸す

    3. make one’s day ....の1日を素晴らしいも のにする
    Ex. You made my day ! あなたのおかげで今日はいい一日になった!

    4. be lined up 並べられている

    5. bundle up 厚着する• 布団などにくるまる

    6. howl 風などが うなる

    7. attic 屋根裏部屋

    ** make one’s day
    映画 Dirty Harry の中の名セリフ
    “ Go ahead , make my day”


    返信削除